We are keen for people of all ages to be involved in our work, and young people have always been really important to the work of New Hope, particularly in their enthusiasm for taking part in fundraising events.
There are many ways children and young people can help people who are homeless in Watford, including:
- Sponsored events – you could take part in one of our sponsored sleepouts or organise your own sponsored event. Check out our Fundraising page for more information.
- Wardrobe relief – ask your friends or classmates to bring in their unwanted clothes, we’ll collect them in our van and turn them into cash. You could even run a competition between classes or year groups
- Holding a non-uniform day to raise money for New Hope
- Volunteering in the Community Market Garden – this is a great place for school and youth groups to come and help out for a few hours
- Fundraising volunteers – we often need people to help with fundraising activities including delivering leaflets, collecting donations, sorting food and wrapping Christmas presents at intu Watford.
We’re really happy to come and speak at assemblies and/or PSHE sessions about the causes and reasons behind homelessness in the UK, and what young people can do to help.