New Hope exists to serve individuals who are homeless or vulnerably- housed through the provision of accommodation and opportunities to transform lives.
Founded upon Christian values, which are at the core of our work, we support people regardless of faith, class, disability, ethnicity, gender and sexual orientation.
Our mission is encapsulated in our strapline: ‘preventing homelessness, transforming lives’.
As a Christian based caring organisation we aim to:
- Be professional – Staff will be trained to enable them to operate in accordance with best practice.
- Be responsive – We will assess and respond to the needs and aspirations of service users as individually and constructively as possible.
- Be fair – We will give equal consideration to service users of all creeds or none, and all lifestyles and abilities.
- Be accountable – We will monitor our performance and communicate with our funders and supporters in order to improve the quality and efficiency of our services.
- Be honourable – We will manage our activities with integrity, in accordance with our ethos.
- Be faithful – We will seek God’s guidance and enabling through prayer.
New Hope exists to show our deep concern for those who are homeless and disadvantaged in the Watford area.
In an atmosphere of unconditional love and compassion we seek to offer acceptance and respect to all. This includes practical support such as food, shelter, clothing, health care and training as well as building relationships, listening and caring. We believe this should be done professionally and monitored regularly.
As a Christian charity, with staff and volunteers drawn from all denominations, we believe that God loves everyone. We seek to see all who come to us given a new hope and the opportunity to build a new life.