Recruitment process for volunteers
The recruitment process to become a volunteer varies from role to role, but generally follows the same steps.
- All volunteer roles are advertised on our website, with role descriptions and other information to help you decide to apply
- Find a role that’s right for you
- Fill in an application online
- Applications are initially reviewed by our Volunteer Coordinator
- We will then create a shortlist from all applicants
- Shortlisted applicants are interviewed face-to-face at our Head Office
- We complete various screening checks, including references and DBS
- If successful, you can start volunteering. Some roles may require a trial session
We undertake post-interview recruitment screening checks on everyone who volunteers for us (in a similar way that we undertake pre-employment checks on employees) for a number of reasons including regulatory, legal, good governance and as good volunteering practice.